- Ads Insights
- About us
- Join Us
- TALK TO US
Product Listing Ads are cost per click (CPC) ads which online Sellers purchase through AdWords. These ads appear on Google Search pages to the left or at right depending Google’s algorithm, and top of results. Product Listing Ads are most distinguishable in that they:
Whereas Text Ads are also managed by Google Adwords, in this case its website promotion. It has three parts: headline text, a display URL, and description text.
Comprehensive Insurance - Protect Yourself on a BudgetAdvantages
Get affordable & trustworthy insurance. 10% discount on all online quotes.
The display URL is seen usually in green showing your website address. Directly linking to the website showing content to the entered keyword. Well now description or Meta description to be precise. This allows user to get some info first hand before click. Description should be 80 characters; if you’re an online store it should contain keywords like “shop now” or “buy shoe online” or if you are a service provider “see pricing”. Standard text ads are divided four on top and three on bottom.
Choosing these two depends on ones priority. As they provide enormous traffic and helps your SEO ranking. Below are competitive studies of Product Listing Ads & Text Ad. Helping understand their pros & cons will determine the merchant to choose the suitable business format for their growth.
• Instant traffic to your website have ads on top of search results almost immediately after setting up a PPC campaign
• Full control. You’re in complete control of your ad ( Copy, keyword & destination URl)
• No worrying about algorithms updates. PPC are not impacted like the organic (unpaid) search results are when search engine performs an algorithm update
• Complete Brand dominance. Control prime real estate in the search result when your brand shows up in both natural results & paid search results
• Laser target audience. Target your ideal customers by controlling geographical locations will see your ads.
• Can be very expensive. PPC can be very expensive if the campaign is not correctly set up, resulting in a loss.
• Must test extensively. PPC takes a lot of personal experience & ongoing test.
• Must optimize constantly. Paid Search marketing is not a “set it and forgets it” advertising option, as PPC campaign requires constant optimization.
|PLA (Product Listing Ads)||
• Increases your products visibility on Google shopping. Google PLA offers unique and ready ad format for your product display, promo message and store name to your products making its hassle-free rather than advertising each product separately. PLA increase products quality and vitality online presence. Allowing users to buy directly and swiftly making one-way business effective on Google PLA.
• With Google product listing ads service you will experience a higher click-through rate when compared to text ads in shopping searches. This way you can increase the chances of getting more sales.
• Google product listing ad service allows online retailers to display more than one of their products for a given customer search at the same time – that can be a product listing ad and a text ad This means your reach with shoppers for a single search could double! This way you can experience significantly higher CTR with Google product listing ads compared to other ads shown in the same location for Google Shopping searches. In some cases, retailers have experienced double or triple standard click-through rates, diverting more traffic to their site.
• The more niche and rare your product category are, the better chances of winning the limelight. But, if you sell more competitive products such as apparel you may have difficulty in getting your “Product Ads” campaign to reach the target you may be expecting. With more and more retailers using Google’s product listing ad service, it's beneficial only if you sell products in categories like automotive, furniture, baby supplies, and pet care to make the most out of it.
• Using Google product listing ads you can easily say “We don’t have to manage our listing as we are now paying for it.” But, if you have a really strict budget you may have difficulty using this service. Therefore, if you do consider using this service, you need to keep a track on your listings or you may need to consider a lower daily budget. Like other factors, this is going to vary widely based on your products, competitions and your margins.
• Google emphasizes more on the site’s quality and links as part of its algorithm to determine the site and merchant quality, so if your site is found rough around the edges it may affect your performance on Google Shopping. This will directly hit the bottom line of your business.
• For those retailers who just think that they have to pay and Google will manage their listings, then that’s wrong. Google can turn out to be expensive for retailers who jump into this service without knowing the guidelines of Google product listing ads. Google shopping can provide merchants with more qualified leads for a smaller amount of money than any other sales channel, provided you know how their program works.